Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Goals for the Week of October 1-7, 2012

"Persistence Is Vital
Victories and setbacks must be understood in the context
of a struggle that may extend beyond the lives of
those involved at any given time."


I found this quote in one of my reading assignments for school this week. I have a feeling that I am going to be coming across quite a bit of relevant recovery material all throughout the next two years of this educational process. I am constantly reminded that this is a lifelong process, and it is only going to get better with persistence and acceptance of both the victories AND the setbacks.

Today, I am proud of yet another Victory I gained today. Last night when I was leaving work, I was in a very heated mood. I got into an unnecessary argument with one of my co workers (his fault, not mine) and it left me with a VERY bitter taste in my mouth. Driving home, all I could think about was how angry I was and that fact that I had no one to vent my frustrations to... Naturally, I wanted to quench my feelings with food. I almost caught myself going to the kitchen, but I fought it off and finally managed to fall asleep.

I woke up this morning, feeling a little irritable (lack of good sleep, woke up with a horrible knot in my shoulder, etc.). But I tried my best to turn it around. I started my day with a random, but delicious breakfast of Eggo's Pumpkin Spice Waffles, a banana, honey and some egg whites. It was delicious and kept me feeling full for most of the day.

Yuuummm...


Spending the day with THIS handsome fella helped cure my bad mood 



Not taken today :(

I spent the rest of the day thinking about Goals. I set some for myself last week, and achieved the majority of them. I really like the way I did it, and I think it is going to become a regular part of my Sunday. So, I came up with a few goals for this week.
Goals for the Week!!!

1. I am going to do yoga at least twice. (same goal as last week)

2. I am going to walk the perimeter of campus during my lunch breaks on both Tuesday and Thursday

3. Stop checking my cell phone and Facebook too often throughout the day-especially in class. ( My addiction is getting Scary... I may need an intervention soon.)

4. Focus on advocating for myself at my internship and not avoiding confrontation.

5. Try to start eating when I am hungry, as opposed to by time increments. I have a tendency obsession to count out 3 hour intervals between meals (1.5 hours between a meal and a snack), and don't let myself eat until that time has passed. I think this is a really dumb habit of mine, and I want to try to break myself of it.

It may not sound like there are HUGE goals... but trust me, they are.

As you reflect on the week, what are some of your goals?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment