Monday, September 10, 2012

New Shoooooes!!!

Happy Monday, Everyone!!!

Sorry I have been MIA for a couple days. I just keep getting busier, and busier and I'm not really sure what to do with myself. It looks like going to Graduate School, Volunteering, and training for a marathon (all while being a novice blogger) is going to be more difficult that I expected.

Anywhoo... quick recap of the Weekend...

Friday, I worked (lame) and then spent the Evening with Tyler (opposite of lame!!!). We woke up Saturday Morning and decided to go Hiking at one of our favorite places, Wild Wood Canyon. It was hotter than Hades, but it felt good to go Hiking. We always have the best talks, and enjoy each other's company.

Saturday Evening... I worked... and tried to study... (Lame!!!)

Sunday... I was EXHAUSTED!!! I woke up, took a quick run, and headed over to Tyler's. I got there, and almost immediately took a nap! I could not stay awake. Thankfully, I have the most amazing boyfriend in the world, and he let me nap :) Not only that, but I woke up to a delicious massage!!! (can we say Boyfriend of the year?!?!?)

After that, it was just about time to head to work (Booooo!!!). Tyler whipped me up a lunch and I headed out on my way. I stopped to grab a coffee at 7-11 on my way in (I was still really lethargic, and needed the pick me up). Let's just say that coffee at 4pm was a horrible idea. I could not sleep at all last night.

The fact that I did not get to sleep until almost 3, meant that I did NOT get out of bed to run at 6am today. I stayed in bed until about 7:45,  but I kept thinking that I should have just gotten up. I never really made it back to sleep, and I felt super guilty for not getting my run in.

I left the house and headed to Day Two of my internship at Communities in Schools. Today was a slightly better day, but I feel like my experience there is still off to a slow start. I tried to mingle with as many staff and clients as I could, and to keep my self busy throughout the day. Surprisingly... it worked :) Before I knew it, it was 4:00pm and time to go home!

Well, I didn't get to stay home for long. I was on a mission to get some new running shoes. Some of you might remember the last time I bought a pair of shoes. They were a pair of Nike trail running shoes. For whatever reason...I had massive trouble with that pair from day one. The toe was just too narrow, and were giving me horrible blisters on both my baby and big toes. When I left for Oregon, I decide that I was only going to use those shoes for hiking and not for running anymore.

However, that meant I had to find something to run in. I was using my old pair of Nike running shoes... but I think they have taken quite the beating. I finally got paid today, which meant that I was able to go to RoadRunner Sports and pick out a new pair of shoes :)

It was a pretty easy decision. I liked 3 pairs... but they only had one in my size. They're super cute, and super comfy.... so I got them :)
I got to break in my new shoes with an evening run. I felt AMAZING! I haven't run like that in quite some time. However, it did get REALLY dark. I forgot how scary it can get in my neighborhood. I did use the scared adrenaline to help me get through it quickly. 
I also bought a fuel belt, because I START MARATHON TRAINING ON THURSDAY!!!

I am suppose to be studying for a human development exam... but I just have not been able to bring myself to it. I am going to try and get some done now that I have taken care of everything else for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment