Friday, September 28, 2012

Toughing It Up!!!!

Happy Thursday!!!

I am beginning to write this blog from my first class as a Graduate MSW student as UCLA!!! (are you as excited as I am?!?!). My teacher is running late (on the first day... tsk tsk tsk), so I decided to take this opportunity and begin to update my blog.

Up until last night, I don't think that I was really THAT nervous about starting graduate school. But, I guess you're really never to old to have those "First day of school jitters".  When I finally made it to bed, which was just before 11:30pm, I found my self trapped in a vortex of negative thoughts. It began as it always does....

"What if I sleep through my alarm?" "What if there's a huge accident on the freeway?!" "What if I'm late for class?" "What if the teacher asks me a question and I don't have the answer, because I didn't do the reading?" "What if I get arrested for not doing my homework?!" (this was an actual thought) "Why didn't I do the reading?!" "I'm a horrible graduate student, and school hasn't even really begun yet." "Maybe I'm not ready to be in Graduate school." "What if I fail all my tests and I have to drop out?!" "What if I never get to become a social worker and I'm forced to go work at Chili's again?!"


.... I think you guys have had enough of my ranting. As you can imagine this went on for quite awhile. Somewhere in there, I actually did manage to fall asleep (thank God) and got some much needed rest. When I woke up this morning, I felt a little better. I did a quick "Flow Yoga" session this morning with Adrienne Reed (the instructor on the video), and then got on with my day. I made myself some delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment