Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wellness Wednesday...

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Today is the last day of week two of my Marathon Training!!!



Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday
Week 1 30 easy 50 mod CT Hills 30 CT 8 miles off
Week 2 30 easy CT 9 miles 3 miles CT 30 easy Hills 35
Week 3 CT 60 mod 10 miles Off 40 hills CT 30 easy
Week 4 CT 60 mod 13 miles Off 45 Hills CT 30 easy
Week 5 CT 60 mod 10 miles Off 50 Hills CT 30 easy
Week 6 CT 50 mod 15 miles Off 30 Hills CT 30 easy
Week 7 CT 60 mod 10 miles Off 50 Hills CT 40 mod
Week 8 CT 50 mod Off 10k trail  15 miles CT 40 easy
Week 9 CT 20 easy 12 miles Off Hills 60 CT 10 mi mod
Week 10 CT 60 mod 16 miles off Hills 30-40 CT 45 mod
Week 11 15k trail CT 13 miles off Hills 70 CT 60 mod
Week 12 60 easy CT 20 miles Off 75 mod CT 60 easy
Week 13 CT 90 mod 12 miles off Hills 40 CT 75 mod
Week 14 CT 6 miles RP 8 miles off 50 mod CT 50 mod
Week 15 CT 40 easy 50 easy CT off off MARATHON!!!

I've made a few changes to the schedule, so I figured I should re-post it.

Training has been going really well so far. Yesterday (Tuesday Morning), I woke up SUPER early to get an easy 30 minute run before I had to be in an orientation at UCLA all day. It was the first time in over a year that I have gotten up and gone running before the sun was up. It was such a beautiful, and calming experience, yet slightly nerve racking at the same time. There something so peaceful about knowing you're the only one in the neighborhood up, but terrifying at the same time. I ended up running for 36 minutes and ran just over 4 miles.

For this mornings run, I was scheduled to do 35 minutes of hill repeats. I'm not exactly sure what it is... but I HATE HILL REPEATS!!! I find myself having to mentally prepare myself to run them the night before, and even then, it's a hit or miss. I started with a 5 minute warm-up to get to the hill, and completed 7 loops before my 5 minute cool down. I wish that I could say that I felt accomplished and satisfied at the end... but I didn't! I know I could have put a little more hustle into it... but I just dislike them so much. I also know that I am going to have to do the same thing all over again next week.

I am going to have to keep trying to think of ways to make this workout more exciting. Maybe I need to find a new hill to race?!?! I'll have to keep an eye out.

In the food world, I created a new masterpiece this morning...... Pumpkin Oatmeal :)



Ok, so I know that the picture looks REALLY unappetizing, but I promise you, it's REALLY good.

I used 1/2 cup plain Quaker Oats, 1/4 cup pure pumpkin, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk a handful of emerald cinnamon almonds and a teaspoon of honey.

I put the oats, pumpkin, and almond milk all in the container last night before I went to sleep. then when I woke up, I added the almonds and a little bit of hot water to puff up the oats. Then to finish, top with some honey. I would use a little less water than I did here though, or you kinda just get pumpkin pie oatmeal soup :/

In other news, I found a photo from the Didi Hirsch run I ran on Sunday of me and Tyler. Well, I didn't find it, so much as It was sent to me :)


Not sure what I was saying... but I wish I wasn't


I must say... I look GOOD!!! (Tyler does too <3).

Speaking of inflated self-esteem ^... mine has been pretty up there lately! I have been feeling very confident in myself and my abilities in almost every area of my life. In a way, I think  my melt down the other week was my "rock bottom". In reality, it's not the worst place I've been in my life... but for me, it was a real turn around point. Shortly after I had that break down I was looking on the internet  for more ways to try to help myself when I came across some information that has really opened my eyes about how to think about my Eating Disorder

Purging does NOT prevent weight gain

Purging isn’t effective at getting rid of calories, which is why most people suffering with bulimia end up gaining weight over time. Vomiting immediately after eating will only eliminate 50% of the calories consumed at best—and usually much less. This is because calorie absorption begins the moment you put food in the mouth. Laxatives and diuretics are even less effective. Laxatives get rid of only 10% of the calories eaten, and diuretics do nothing at all. You may weigh less after taking them, but that lower number on the scale is due to water loss, not true weight loss.

Now... Don't get me wrong... I'm pretty sure that I know this information the entire time I have been in Recovery (which is a really long time). Somehow reading it this time around was exactly what I needed to kick my butt into high gear. It was like a light went off, and I finally realized that all of my binge and purge cycles were holding me back, instead of pushing me forward. Who knows what I would look like, or how much I would weight if I hadn't been engaging in these behaviors this whole time?!?!

Now, every time that I have the urge to purge I am going to re-read this information as a way to keep myself in check (like right now, because SOMEBODY brought a TON of junk food to the Suicide Prevention Center).

Tomorrow is the first real day of school... EEEEEK!!! I'm really nervous, excited, scared, and wanting to hide in my bed all day and pretend like I don't need to go in...

 Thank Goodness I'm not taking Astronomy :)

I am hoping everything will go smoothly, and I wont get in too much trouble for already being SOOO behind in my reading.

Wish me luck :)


No comments:

Post a Comment