Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Snail Status

Today was a long, exhausting, and accomplished kind of day!

I started with a wake up from my best friend at 6:15am... telling me that I needed to get out of bed, get in my running shoes and get out of the house. It took me a few minutes, but I finally made it out of the delicious cocoon of my sheets and went for my run.

I went running last  night, so I felt SUPER sluggish. I felt like my feet and legs were so heavy, and that there was no way I could go faster than a jog pace (and believe me... I tried!). During my run, I kept telling myself that I running on "Snail Status" today. I managed to finish my run and hopped right in the shower to get ready to go to school.


I had my usual breakfast, oats with banana, cinnamon almonds and honey. For some reason, I could not control my hunger today!!! I ate breakfast at 8:30 and was hungry by 10. I also had a delicious Iced coffee with Almond milk and some Stevia. I have gotten to the point where I need to have coffee in my life again. I wont make it a daily habit (who am I kidding?!?!), but it will be making an appearance on my blog more often.


Due to stupid typical 405 traffic, and some parking issues I was late to my group today. (I'm going to have to get better at this whole commuter things). The nice surprise was that my Field Instructor had snacks for everyone (even us Tardy Marties). He had apples, oranges and some marble loaf cake (droool!). I opted for an orange even though I REALLY wanted the marble cake... GO ME!!!

After group they served us lunch before our afternoon presentation. Thankfully, I brought my own lunch, because they had NO vegetarian wraps left :( I had my usual salad and a couple Trader Joe's power berries. A few hours later I was hungry again!!! (I'm sure it had nothing to do with my dry, boring lecture). I snacked a half a cup of grapes with my new friend, Tanya!

We did a lecture on working with children 5-10 and the theme was using play as a means of communication. Tanya came about during an exercise that asked us to learn how to communicate with our finger. Needless to say, this was the most exciting part of this 3 hour lecture.

After the class a few of us stayed after to study for our human development exam on Thursday. I snacked on an apple and some peanut butter towards the end of our session, because I was STILL hungry.

When I got home a few hours later, mom had Vegetable surprise waiting for me. It was delicious and I to stop myself from overdoing it. Now I'm catching up on some much needed television before doing some more studying.

What's your favorite study time snack!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment