Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Day Off

 
 
And then... it was Tuesday...

Today was a pretty big day... Mainly because it was an actual day off for me :). I know I had Sunday off, but its so rare that I get two of these in a row. I am trying to take them up while I can. Well, this is how I spent My Day Off.

I woke up early to put my clothes in the dryer so that I could go and get my 8 mile run out of the way. It took a little bit longer than I planned, but I finally made it out the door. When I finally got to the part it was already 9 o'clock and it was starting to get warm. Thankfully, I had my brand spankin' new fuel belt! I filled two with water, one with Propel fitness water (strawberry kiwi) and left the 4th one empty.

Before my run I fueled with half a banana, some almond milk and a strawberry shot blok. I think this may have been the wrong thing to do, because I felt completely depleted half way through the run. I am going to have to go back to eating a light breakfast prior to my larger runs.

I digress...

The run went pretty well ( as well as it could have gone). I kept a steady pace and just kept pushing myself. At one point, I just wanted to give up. It was hot, I was tired, and it felt like I was running super slow. I was getting really fed up... when all of a sudden I ran into a girl from High School. We were really close, but she was in band and I was in choir/drill team so we SORTA ran in the same circles. The best part about it was when she hollered at me "You Look Great"... It always feels good to have a someone say that when they haven't seen you in years (Fun Fact: I graduated High School 8 years ago!!!).

Needless to say, those three little words gave me just enough of a push to make it through my last couple miles. I drank almost all of my water, (well, some of it was poured on my head), but the majority of it made it in my mouth.

I finished the run in 1:17:04. According to my watch I ran 8.58 miles... but I don't know how accurate that is. I think know I need to recalibrate my watch... I'm just so lazy :/

After lunch I drove home quickly to take a shower and head to spend the afternoon in Santa Monica with Talia, who is in town for the Jewish New Year, and her sister. I decided to wear my new favorite dress....The Palm Tree Dress :)
This picture was taken Sunday. Yeah, I wore the dress two days in one week :)

I don't know what it is about this dress that just makes me feel good... but I love it. Which is so funny, but I almost didn't buy it.

Anywhoo, I popped over to Talia's and then we headed out to grab me some coffee. I actually made a pot at home, and forgot to grab some before I left :/ I went with an Iced Cafe Americano with soy and added half a packet of Splenda. I only drank about a 1/4 of it... and loved EVERY SIP!


Mmmmm....


We went to a cute little Italian restaurant in Santa Monica called Enzo and Anglea's. The ladies both ordered pasta, but I ordered a salad. It was one of the prettiest, and most delicious salads I have ever had.

unpronounceable salad :)


Greens with Eggplant, zucchini, peppers and mushrooms with balsamic vinaigrette on the side. I was only able to eat half of the salad. ( I ate oatmeal about 2 hours before we sat down for lunch. After lunch we went shopping at DSW (a shoe store) for a little retail therapy. I picked up a really cute pair of flats (photo to come). We then went back to Talia's and watched TV for a bit before I had to go have dinner with my grandparents.
Lunch dates :)

I love making her laugh :)


I love when she comes to town!!!

I spent the evening having dinner and visiting with my family. They all munched on Stuffed Peppers and Meatballs (NOT vegetarian friendly). My grandma had made a sweet potato and had some veggie burgers, so I heated those up and ate them with the rest of my salad.
 
I only ate half of the sweet potato, but totally inhaled the rest. A few hours later, for dessert, I had some Greek Yogurt with Honey Bunches of Oats. I'm actually getting a little hungry now... I think I am going to go grab some fruit and head off to bed :)
 
 
Do you eat before you run, or fuel afterwards?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment