Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Simple Things A-Z

I saw this on another blog I follow, and decided that it was so much fun... that I should do my own!!! The Simple things I love from A-Z...believe it or not, this was much harder than it looked.

But here we go!!!

A- Acting. I believe that the world is my stage. This doesn't mean I am phony... but I walk as though the spotlight is on me :). Sometimes you gotta fake it til you make it!!!

B- Bananas. There is not a single day that goes by that I do not enjoy one of these little buggers :) The funny part is I use to HATE them when I was younger (so much so that I would tell people I was allergic to them so they wouuldn't make me eat them. They are packed with potassium and carbohydrates which makes them perfect for before or after any run (helps with immediate energy and cramping).

Charlie, one of my friends Dogs
C- Cuddling. There is nothing in this world that feels better than a mid morning, afternoon, or early evening snuggle with my #1 guy <3

D- Dogs. I haven't had one in years... but these furry friends make me SOOO happy.

E- Equality. We all deserve it.

F- Fresh air. I will ALWAYS perfer an outdoor work out to an indoor one. ::Inhale:: ::Exhale::

G- Green. In all shades... it is my favorite color!

H- High Fives. Who doesn't love 'em?!?!

I- Ipod. Without this little gadget, I would NEVER get any runs completed. Nothing is more torturous than trying to complete a run without some fast paced music. Some of my favorites are the Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears, Rhiana,

J- Just Do It. I love my Nike running shoes... but sometimes this is what I have to tell myself to get out of bed in the morning.

K- Kites. When I go running at the park, there is always this group of men who are there flying kites. It makes me feel like I am a little girl, and we are racing.

L- Lacto/Ovo Vegitarianism- I have been vegetarian for about 5 years now. Without it, I probably wouldn't eat the majority of healthy vegetables and foods that I consume daily today. It started out as an attempt to lose weight, and became an educational tool.

M- Massages. This is something I love and DEFINITELY do not do often enough!

N- Naps. I am a horrible insomniac, and love snuggling up for a quick 30 minute power nap!

O- Optimism. I truly enjoy hoping for the finer things in life :)

P- Peanut Butter. This is my all time favorite food. I can eat it plain, put on a sandwhich, mix it yogurt, eat it with celery, add it to a smoothie (I'm starting to feel like bubba gump). When eaten in moderation this power food packs the protein, healthy fats, and fiber make this a great staple to any athletes diet. It helps stave off hunger too!!!

Q- Quick. It how I like to get out of bed in the morning. If I wait too long, I leave opportuinty to stray away from my intended workout plan.

R- Running/Races... Self explanitory

S- Smiles. I try to make it a habit to smile at every person I pass.

T- Tea. I've been trying to cut back on my coffee intake, and substituting it with some tea. Whether its hot or iced, it is usually pretty refreshing. My current favorite is the Yogi brand Gree Tea Blueberry Slimmer (delicious hot or iced).

U- Unused Umbrellas. I am NOT a fan of the rain :/

V- Volunteering. Since April of last year, I have been giving my time as a crisis counselor on two seperate hotlines. It is something I love to do, and it has taught me so much about myself and our society.

W- Weddings!!! I am obsessed! Bridezillas, Say Yes to the Dress, David Tutra, Four Weddings.... I am addicted. I can not wait to plan my own someday... or just finally be invited to one.

X- Xterra Topanga Turkey Trot. I am excited to be registered for this 15k trail race... It is going to be one of the toughest things I've ever done.

Y- Yams. What cant I say about this food... I love them. They are much tastier and healthier than their starchy counterpart... the potato. I have eaten one almost everyday this week...

Z- Zumba. I haven't done it in a while... but it is by far one of my favorite cross training workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment