Thursday, July 12, 2012

My AMAZING 26th Birthday!!!

Happy Thursday Everyone! And Happy Birthday To ME!

Today, I turned 26 years old, and I must say that it turned out to be an absolutely wonderful day! However, it did not start out that way. I had to go to my full time job as a crisis counselor in a 28 day residential facility, which meant my day began at 5:15am... who ever wants to get up that early on any day, let alone their birthday?!?!? Driving to work, I was prepared to have an awful day. Then, I took some initiative, and decided that I was going to turn my mood around. I have been trying to drink less coffee, and neglected to make any before leaving the house today :/... So I treated my self to a Birthday Latte (Skinny Vanilla Latte... Yuuuuuum!!!).        


I must say, that this was a much needed boost to my day :) However, the best part of my day was spending it with my amazing co-workers and clients. The ladies in my office surprised me with decorations, a card and ordered in lunch for Native Foods Cafe (www.nativefoods.com). Since 26 is a new age for me, I decided that I needed to try something on their menu that I had never had before. I ordered the  Bangkok Curry Bowl (Seared tofu steak on top of steamed veggies, greens and brown rice with a lemongrass and ginger-infused coconut milk curry. Topped with sesame seeds and cilantro.) It was extremely delicious, and the portion size was enough for me to have dinner again tomorrow!!! P.S. The best part was the curry sauce!

We spent most of the day relaxing and enjoying each others company along with the good food. Then it was time to drive home and get ready for my Lasagna Dinner Party. I had over my close family (Parents, Grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousin) as well as my Boy Friend and Best Friend. My mother and I made two Crock Pot Lasagnas (say whhaaaaat?!?!) One vegetarian and one with Sausage. THEY WERE AMAZING! The Vegetarian Lasagna was made with Whole Wheat lasagna noodles, Heart Smart Mushroom sauce, and TONS of broccoli, zucchini, and spinach. You cant for get the ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese! Here are the before and after pictures!
Before
After


















For Dessert, My Grandmother made me her famous Pineapple Upside Down Cake! I even got to have my own cake made for me That I don't have to share with anyone (Grandma said so!!!).  Don't worry... she made plenty for everyone to share! 


As you can see, my day was filled with amazing food and amazing people (although I just realized I did not take ANY pictures of the people that I spent my day with :/). I'm still getting use to this blog things, and promise that I will include more pictures of people, and less pictures of food!




Turning 26 has been an exciting experience. I was thinking throughout the week about the things I have accomplished in this year and how much this one year alone has changed me. I completed my first 1/2 marathon, gained an entry level job in the mental health field, gotten accepted into UCLA's MSW program, established new goals for me to take with me into my 27th year of life, and found a new and meaningful way to love myself. I have learned a lot about myself, the strength that I possess and my ability to conquer my biggest obstacles. I am really looking forward to what the next years hold for me. For now, it is time for bed, and time to go back to my work out regiment... It looks like a 6 mile run tomorrow to help counter act all of these delicious calories I feasted on today!       

No comments:

Post a Comment