Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pre "Race Day" Anxiety

I can not believe that Race #2 is in under13 hours!!! I always get a little nervous about a race, but for some reason I feel EXTRA anxious this time around. I think I am stressing myself out about my race time. I really want to beat my last races PR of 53:37... but I am worried that I wont even make that. I usually doubt my abilities, and I am still CONVINCED that I somehow missed a mile during that race. I feel a little ambitious, but I would really like to finish in 53:35... just to be able to say I beat myself (I'm so competitive). I've also been dealing with some leg cramping today and really low energy, so that might be factoring into my nerves as well :/

I always forget how many things there are to do to prepare for a race, until the night before event. I think that  I did plenty of prepping today, I am as ready as I am going to be.

First, I started with a nice 5.4 mile run at around 8am. The weather was perfect this morning, and I am praying for a similar outcome tomorrow. I felt a little sluggish, but I think it was simply due to my lack of sleep. After my run, I refueled to energize through my day with a nice healthy breakfast!!!




A half a cup of plain oatmeal, 2/3's of a banana (I ate the other 1/3 before my run), 1/4 cup of blueberries, a teaspoon of honey and a 100 calories worth of cinnamon almonds. It was so good, that I had to take a picture and share with you guys ;). Oatmeal and a banana are usually my go to breakfasts either before or after a run (depending on how much time I have before I go). 


Then, it was time for some physical and mental rejuvenation. I met with one my best friends from out of town and got a pedicure. Logging all these miles has left my tootsies needing some tender love and care. It was also a great way to spend time with a friend without having to meet up for food or drinks! We are now all decked out for the fourth of July. I knew I couldn't just represent the signing of the Declaration of Independence with pretty toes, so I also picked up a shirt from Old Navy for me to wear tomorrow during my run.
 I still have some things to take care of, but mainly just fueling appropriately and getting plenty of rest. I'll be sure to take pictures and let you all know how it goes tomorrow.














See You At The Finish Line!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment