Sunday, August 19, 2012

Vacation Day 2: Part 2

Greetings from Bend, Oregon!!!



We made quite a few stops along the way, because my mother and I have the tiniest bladder's EVER. We also stopped for lunch at Subway an hour out of town. I had a veggie delight with avocado.

Duh...Liscious!!!

Caveat... This subway did not have actual avocados... But an avocado "paste" ( ok, guacamole) that they squeezed out of a tube and spread on the sandwich. At first, I was really mad and almost grossed out by this. However, after eating it... I was sold!!!

Nothing but Blue Skies, do I see!!!
We arrived in Bend around 2:30pm. From the moment I arrived, I fell in love <3  Fresh air, tall trees, pristine lakes, cooler temperatures and all the furry creatures :)Not to mention, my Aunt's house, where we are staying, is GORGEOUS. It is in a private community that was built around a golf course and club. Literally, the course is part of her backyard. Lots of lush green scenery around here :)

We spent most of the afternoon and evening catching up with my aunt and uncle and just enjoying the view from their backyard. It was so relaxing. My aunt made salad and a roast for dinner.

I ate a romaine salad with tomato, broccoli, black beans and raspberry vinegarette dressing. I wanted to go for a run after dinner, so I kept it light.

View from my Aunt's back patio
I went out for a 6 mile run at around 6:30pm. There is a paved path that loops all around the property grounds that was easy to follow (aka I don't get lost!!!) It was gorgeous!!! Much nicer than my usual run view. It was a nice out and back loop that had rolling hills ( code for challenging, but not impossible).

Even with my light dinner, I totally ended up with an upset stomach. I don't normally eat that close to a run, but I was enjoying the time with my family. They're completely worth an upset tummy!

After my run I had some almond milk and half a nectarine with some Sobe Lifewater while we chatted some more. About an hour later I had half a western bagel honey wheat bagel with chunky peanut butter. It helped settle my stomach a little, but still not 100% better.

Were planning on doing some hiking to waterfalls tomorrow, so I will not be running tomorrow morning. I'm exhausted and ready to rest before day 2 in Oregon!

No comments:

Post a Comment