Monday, August 13, 2012

My Faux Sunday

Today was a Monday for most. However, today was my Friday!!! and I treated it like a Sunday!!! (I know that doesn't make ANY sense... but trust me)

Today was mixed bag kind of day. It started out with my workout... that I REALLY did not want to do :/ I actually made it out of bed by 8am and did the run i intended to do. Buuuut My stomach was acting all "icky" and doing 8 rounds of hill repeats did not sound like a fun idea.

To be honest... I did not think I was going to finish my run. First of all, I had to use the bathroom the ENTIRE time. By the time I got to the 3 lap, I was convinced I was just going to do 6 and run back home. Then at lap 6 I thought... "I can do two more," and I did :). It was really difficult though.

This type of training has taught me a couple of lessons.

1. How much harder it is to run uphill than just run a flat trail
2. How much quicker the mind gives up before the body ever does.
3. I will most likely always finish a scheduled work out, even if I go into it thinking I wont finish

I'm sure there were other things that this type of training has showed me, but those seem to be the most important.

After my run, I took a shower, made a smoothie, and put my "dinner" together. I was heading to Tyler's for a few hours and then going straight to my night time job. I put a delicious dinner salad together with plenty of healthy snacks to munch on throughout the evening.

Too bad I left it at home, and didn't realize it until I was 85% of the way to Tyler's house (he lives in Glendale, and I live in Chatsworth= approximately a 30 minute drive).

fail!!!

I was so angry with myself, because I knew it would not be worth it to drive all the way back home to pick it up... but I really wanted MY dinner that I spent MY time making.When I got to Tyler's we made ourselves some lunch.


Vegetarian sausage on a sandwich thin with spring mix and avocado (asparagus and carrots on the side).It was REALLY good... I ate the entire plate before I could even spell Yum!


Eating lunch made me think about my forgotten dinner. :(.   Tyler tried to cheer me up with a nice relaxing day by the pool

So that I had something to eat at work, we went to Ralph's and used their salad bar to make our own salads. I was actually really disappointed with their selection. I was craving garbanzo/kidney beans.. of which they had NONE!!! Some of their veggies also had  a dirty/gritty taste to them. Needless to say, I was not please. I didn't even finish my salad :(

They did have a nice pre-mixed Kale salad that was tasty, but the dressing was a little too strong for my taste. Since I didn't have any other snacks for the evening, I decided to try the Quaker Real Medleys Cherry and Pistachio.  




This... was... AMAZING!!! I don't think I have ever had anything that tasted so good. I ate the entire container in a matter of minutes, and then I could have eaten another one!

I also bought myself some containers of fruit... they were absolutely delish! Overall I spent like $17 on a dinner that I already had made at home, and that would have tasted better :/

But hopefully I have learned my lesson. Now, I am sitting at work Freezing my butt off and trying to stay awake.
I have a really big day tomorrow and I am really nervous. I am meeting with my field advisor for my internship, and I have SO many questions!!! Fingers crossed that it all goes well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment