Monday, October 8, 2012

My New Training Partner

Greetings My Fabulous Readers!!!

I feel like so many things have happened over the last few days and I don't know where to begin. Well, I guess first and foremost, I can start with the fact that I am healthy and happy today (yay!). My cravings have been getting less and less, and my confidence and strength has been growing.

I did not do so well on my Goals for this past week, although, I did manage to do yoga twice this week, I walked the perimeter on Tuesday of this week (Sorry Thursday!!!), as far as not checking social media sites... it was pretty much a FAIL! I DID advocate for myself at my internship, and I am hoping that the changes I requested to happen. I think I made a HUGE improvement regarding eating when I'm hungry, verses eating when my "3 hour time limit" has been reaches. However, I think it could use some work, so it is going to be goal #1 for the Week of October 8-14.

Goals For The Week!
 


1. I am going to stop counting hours, and start relying on my hunger signals to tell me when I am hungry.

2. I am going to try and catch up on my school reading. I feel like health wise I am doing VERY well, but I feel like my educational life is starting to slip :/. I haven't really been able to switch my brain over to "Graduate Student" mode. This week, I really want to get on that!

3. Compete in the AIDS Run/Walk :)... possibly hit a PR of under 26 minutes(?!?!?!)

4. I WILL make Black Bean Soup this Friday!!!

5. Continue with my twice weekly yoga :)

Today, I have the "End of a Monday" Blues!!!

I was lucky enough to have today off from my internship, so I decided to make up my 13 mile run I avoided slept through on Saturday. Today was a very different run than most of my long runs, because I was joined by my good (and fairly new) friend, Sederia, and her wonderful beach cruiser.

Sederia and her bike


 I don't think I have ever had so much fun doing a 13 mile run. Sederia has just started working out/training with me and she has been such a good trainer. She was not quite ready to run a 13 miler with me, so she offered to ride her bike while I ran. This actually ended up being a really help through my run today :) We started out strong, she pushed me when I needed it, and helped me finish out with under a 9 minute mile average.

The weather was also perfect! It was overcast and cool all morning until about the last 20 minutes of the run. We're suppose to have weather like this all week, which makes me VERY excited. Cloudy weather is my favorite to run in.

I spent the rest of the day relaxing and making shirts with Sederia for the AIDS Walk that's on Sunday.

Yesterday (Sunday), we took the residents at work to the California Science Center in Downtown LA. We had a really good time, and I really enjoyed the Kelp Bed exhibit. Please enjoy the pictures :)





 
In other (random news)... I signed up for another 5k run next month :). UCLA and USC are having a rivalry race to help raise money for the 2014 Special Olympics!!! I figure, you can always use another 5k in your life, especially when it's for a good cause :)
 
Do you have any goals for the week?!
 
What is your favorite thing about museums?!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment