Monday, January 14, 2013

Motivational Monday

Happy Monday, Beautiful People!

I hope you all had a great weekend, and are having a gentle ease into the first day of the week. I had some good times over the weekend celebrating Tyler's Birthday (and my HALF Birthday) with good food, OK Drinks and BAAAAAD Karaoke!!!

I'm not a huge fan of Karaoke... probably because I always sing the same song and get HORRIBLE anxiety before I go up and sing. But I gave Ike and Tina Turner's "Proud Mary" a good run for it's money and I enjoyed myself. Tyler really enjoyed himself and even managed to enjoy an adult beverage or two :)
photo 4.JPG
Worst Picture EVER!!!

photo 1.JPG
I don't always have a drink, but when I do, it's always my BIRFDAY!!!

photo 2.JPG
I do Karaoke... NoBigDeal!
I did not enjoy the "hangover" that I had the following day. Every time I drink I always end up feeling suuuuuper lazy and tired the following day. Other than going for a short hike up to the Griffith Observatory and watching television... my day was pretty uneventful. I couldn't even find the energy to do any of my readings for this weeks lectures. (OK, I probably wouldn't have had it anyways).

I decided that since I took sloth mode for the weekend I HAD to get myself out of bed and go running this morning. This was an extremely daunting task, since it was cold and windy outside, but it was warm and cozy in my bed. I eventually forced myself out of bed and out into the harsh weather conditions of Southern California (OK, so it was like 45 degrees... which to me is FREEZING).

It was an insanely slow run for me this morning. The wind chill factor was cutting straight to the bone and I couldn't feel any of my limbs. And I got to run over ice for the first time in my life. It actually scared me, because I thought it was just water. Then I started slipping and realized that the water was iced over. I spent the rest of the run being extremely cautious so as not to break my neck less than a week before the Tinkerbell Half Marathon.

Biggest Loser is on tonight, and I CANNOT wait to see it. They're adding a crazy new challenge requiring the participants to stay in a room with junk food for 4 and a half hours a day. All weekend I have had this scene from "Get Him to the Greek" stuck in my head...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7MKrmYyAzfI

I really hope that no more people go home from Jillian's team... I don't think I can handle another upset.

Enjoy your evening, Sexy people!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment