Monday, March 6, 2017

A week in Review

Hello, Happy Sunday!!! (It's technically Monday now because I forgot to post this last night).

It's been really busy around here and I am just now finally getting a chance to check in... and its probably going to be a very short post because I'M EXHAUSTED.

This week has been really emotional for some reason (probably girly hormones and that time of the month coming) and by the time I've gotten to Sunday all I want to do is go to sleep. Also contributing to my lethargic nature and emotional roller coaster is the fact that my diet has been less than ideal this week.

I haven't been talking about food too much on here, and I was hoping to keep it that way, but when an opportunity for growth presents itself, I feel like I should take advantage of it.

Thursday nights after work I go to my 2nd job  as a supervisor at the Suicide Prevention Center. For whatever reason this job and this night has always been associated with "over indulging" and eating too much. I've been trying to take steps to avoid this (not buying sweets, having options other than sweets available, etc.), but it's been really difficult to manage. So I eventually just decided to make this my "cheat day" and to not allow myself to feel guilty if I do overindulge a little bit this one night of the week.

One of the most effective things I started doing was that I stopped buying and providing sweets for the shift; utilizing the whole "Out of Sight, Out of Mind" trick when it comes to foods. It seems to be helping out a lot, but I'm not always the only person who brings stuff to shift and sometimes I end up indulging in snacks that I wouldn't normally consider sweet or "off limits".

However, I broke my rule this week and bought a cake to celebrate two new volunteers that were joining the shift. I was very quickly reminded that this is just NOT something that I can do.

Sugar is just one of those things that I have absolutely limited self control with and it always leads to me  over eating and feel miserable. (Note to future self... just don't fucking do it). Long story short... I ate two pieces of cake and wanted to die. Not only did I feel like crap almost instantly (intense sugar high and then the crash), but I felt off even the next day.

I tend to think that just because I'm a predominantly healthy eater that it means that I can eat whatever I want whenever i want. I need to treat my body like the temple it is... because it is exactly that. If I want to feel great I need to eat great. Its not just about "losing weight" or "being thin" It's about not physically feeling awful (as opposed to emotionally feeling awful).

Anywhoo, I did a long run this morning and am starving... so I'm going to go eat dinner and relax for the rest of the evening. Here are my workouts for the week:

Monday: CT Pinterest workout
Tuesday 5.15 mile run @8:21 pace
Wednesday: 3.75 mile run @ 8;40 pace
Thursday: 6.2 mile run @ 7:51 pace
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: 5 mile run @ 5.45 mile run @ 8:48 pace
Sunday: 9 mile run @ 8:41 pace

Have a beautiful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment