Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Minimal Motivation Morning

Hello Everyone! And Happy WEDNESDAY... You have made it to the half way point of the week :)

Unless you have a schedule like mine where today is my Sunday and tomorrow is my Monday :( But let's not try to think about that! (if I forget that it's Wednesday... do I still have to go to work tomorrow?!?!).

Well, to be quite honest, I woke up in one of the most unmotivated moods I've been in in quite some time. In fact, when Tyler called me at 8:00am to discuss our plans for the day... I almost bit his head off with my grouchiness (Sorry about that baby!). This unmotivated tude HAD to go.

After sending a text to one of my best friends in the entire world, Talia, I found some much needed motivation to get up and get moving. The reality is... I know that if I stayed in bed instead of going for my run, I would have beat myself up for the rest of the day. If I waited too long it was going to be too hot, and I would not have had a chance to make up my run later or tomorrow.

By 8:30 I had thrown back my covers and was trying to muster up enough energy to find my running clothes and shoes and was out the door a little after 9.
(Run to live, live to Run: This is one of my favorite shirts to run in :)
I wish that I could say that this was one of those work outs that suddenly got easy and I was super glad I had left my ULTRA comfy cocoon of bed... but it wasn't. I was moving really slow for the first 2 miles, and was already planning on running less than the 6 mile run I was anticipating.

Somewhere around mile 3ish (which is quite some time to be feeling sluggish) I finally woke up. I ended up feeling better and managed to finish the 6 (actually 6.45) mile run I wanted to complete.

After breakfast I discovered that I WAS ALL OUT OF OATMEAL!!! This is usually my post run breakfast, and to be quite honest... I did not know what to do :(

In my starving haze I whipped together one of the most RANDOM breakfasts i have ever made: Greek Yogurt, peanut butter, honey, cheerios and half a banana.

It was edible and acceptable as far as my insatiable hunger goes... but I don't think that I will EVER be making this for breakfast again. Actually, I might, but it would need a LOT more honey... or less Greek Yogurt... I'm not sure....

I spent the rest of the morning cleaning the house and waiting for Tyler to come pick me up so that we could spend the evening in Malibu visiting with his Dad and Brother. Since Tyler had been working hard all morning, and I still felt TERRIBLE for snapping at him during our phone call... I decided to make us a delicious lunch. Yam, veggie burgers and corn on the cob :). I originally wanted to make sweet potatoes wedges, but I let them bake in over a LITTLE too long, and they were soft.. but, it's a sweet potato, so it was delicious regardless.
After lunch, we were off to Malibu (Sycamore Canyon to be exact, which I believe is actually in Ventura county). Tyler's Dad live in Oregon and was visiting for a CA (Cocaine anonymous) gathering that they have on the beach yearly. We usually only get to see his dad once a year... and most of the time it is when Tyler flies out to Oregon to go snow boarding for his birthday (a trip he didn't get to make this year). Tyler's Brother has spent the last two years teaching English in Korea, and just signed up to teach for a year in Japan!!! He flies back out tomorrow, and this is the only time that we get to spend with him as well. This day has become somewhat of a tradition for us now, so that the whole family can get together and catch up. I just get to tag along and enjoy the festivities <3

It was a BEAUTIFUL day on the beach. Not a cloud in the sky. It was REALLY windy though and a little bit on the cool side.

We spent some time catching up, taking photos and enjoying the fresh air before we headed to Neptune's Net for dinner. This was not the best for me, because I am not a fan of seafood. Just my luck, they had steamed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) as a side dish. I ended up with about 2 cups of veggies for dinner... YUM. For dessert, Tyler's dad bought us all frozen yogurt to share. By this time the sun had gone down and it was freezing... but the yogurt was still delicious. I forgot to take a picture because I was so cold!!!
Danny, Tom and Tyler


Look at these handsome guys!!! How lucky can one girl get?!?! It was a really fun day. Now I am sun drenched, wind whipped and totally exhausted... just how you're suppose to feel on a Sunday, right?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment