Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sleepy Sunday!!!

I have no idea what has been wrong with me for the past few days... but I can not get out of this lethargic/unmotivated slump. I swear that all I want to do is lie in bed, watch the Olympics and eat everything imaginable!!! I am going to continue to blame it on general stress/anxiety as well as my PMS (yes, that's right... I'm using that old excuse!)

I woke up again around 11 o'clock today, and still could not find the energy to get up. Finally, "nature called" and I HAD to get out of bed. You would have guessed correctly if you guessed that I went RIGHT back to my bed. I had popped the door open, and a blast of heat hit me.. so I knew there was no way I was going to make it out for my run :(

I started to think how nice it would be to just eat some breakfast, stay in my pajamas and not get out until 2 when I had to get ready for work. Did I REALLY need to work out today!?!?!

I looked back at how my last few days of working out had gone (Thursday off, Friday only a 30 minute swim, yesterdays disaster run) and decided that YES, I really did need to work out today. It was too late to go to any classes (and let's be honest, there was no way I was leaving the house), so that meant it was time for a Circuit Buster. Which was kinda nice, but I haven't done one in a while. Since I felt guilty for sleeping in and missing my run I decided to change the Buster up, just a tad.

Circuit Buster: Retrained

10 minutes on the Stationary Bike (Vigorous)
5 minutes on the Treadmill (between 6.5 and 7.7) <- I added the running :)
10 push ups
20 lunges
25 squats
30 crunches
80 Jumping Jacks

Repeat 3x's, pass out and die :)

I don't remember the last time I sweat so much during a work out! I was so tired after this, but I can already feels that my muscles are happy that I did this. I only ran a little over a mile in a half (broken up into 3), but man was it tough! I forgot how much harder it is to run on a treadmill when you're use to running on the streets. At one point I had to turn my speed down because I thought I was going to pass out! Immediately after I had a big bowl of oats and went (you guessed it) right back to bed!!! I just relaxed and watched some television, I didn't actually fall asleep.

I intended to eat pretty much the exact same menu I ate yesterday, but I wasn't ready for my smoothie when I left for work. So, I just decided to try and have some Muscle Milk and Graham Crackers with Fruit...

Let me just warn you all... drinking Muscle Milk light straight out of the bottle is a HOOOOORRIBLE idea. It was so disgusting! I mean, I don't even know how to describe it, the after taste was so bad. Needless to say, I will save the rest to put into a smoothie on another day.

From there on, my menu is the same and I will be finishing the night off with my Patriotic Parfait.

I almost forgot... Someone on my Facebook posted this today, and I thought it was a neat little guide to use to try and combat the "C WORD"




The next time I am craving carbs... which is always, I want to overeat, I am just going to reach for some fruit first... and then maybe try a Vitamin c supplement :)

Which one do you think you would try?!?!?!

I WILL be making my 6 mile run tomorrow... NO EXCUSES!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment