Monday, July 16, 2012

Day Off Girl, Right Here!!!

This is going to be a quick one, because I am super tired... but man did I have a WONDERFUL day!!! Today was the first day off I have had in 5 and a half months (saay whaaaat?!). That means no full time job, no part time job, no crisis counseling or work of ANY kind. Just a day to relax and enjoy being with my better half :)

It started off with a quick 5.28 mile run, and some light upper body work. Then, Tyler came over and we both got car washes... I should have taken a picture, but I was too embarrassed. My car was FILTHY!!!


We were originally going to spend the day at the beach, but it was pretty overcast this morning, and we felt that it probably wasn't going to work out. SO after our car washes, we came home and did some lounging by the pool! This is what I like to refer to as my "Island Paradise". 










I made us some yam and tofu stir fry for lunch. It was delicious, and we were FULL, so we decided to take a little nap. When we woke up, we were good to go. We had decided to go miniature golfing. I hadn't done it in years, but it was a nice way to get out, get some sun and exercise and build a little healthy competition.
Tyler is a REALLY great golfer, and likes to play actual golf. I was a little intimidated, especially when he got a HOLE IN ONE!!!



However, even his mastery was no match for my skills and I beat him by 1 point!!!

This is me celebrating.... but I NEVER beat Tyler at ANYTHING!!!
We took advantage of this opportunity to use the gift certificates his mom gave us for Christmas to Burke Williams Spa (www.burkewilliamsspa.com) It was amazing! (No phones allowed in the spa, so no pictures). I got a nice 50 minute massage, skinny dipped in the jacuzzi and got to take a relaxing shower. After... Tyler and I were starving, so we popped into The Cheesecake Factory (www.cheesecakefactory.com) for dinner. They just created a "Skinnylicious" menu That offers a variety of menu items that are under 590 calories. Tyler and I decided to share their veggie burger.A Delicious “Burger” Made with Brown Rice, Farro, Black Beans, Fresh Beets & Onion. Served on a Toasted Bun with Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion, Pickles & Mayo. Served with a Green Salad

It was delicious! And we were both completely satisfied with the portion size. We ended our day with a trip to the movies.

All and all, it was a relaxing, yet busy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment